September 06, 2013: Audacity 2.0.4 Released
Audacity 2.0.4 replaces all previous versions, with these improvements:
- New Effect > Reverb (based on Freeverb), that replaces GVerb.
- New View > Go to Selection Start and Go to Selection End commands.
- New Tracks > Align End to End command to append selected tracks.
- WAV files import/export now supports "Album Title", "Track Number" and "Genre" LIST INFO tags and ID3 tags.
- (Windows) New support for Windows WDM/KS host which can provide very low latencies if you reduce "Audio to Buffer" in Recording Preferences.
- (Windows Vista and later) You can now record computer playback by choosing the new Windows WASAPI host in Device Toolbar , then a "loopback" input.
- Bugs have been fixed, involving Keyboard Preferences, Equalization curves, and Effect > Change Pitch, and several more.
Addendum, September 16, 2013: After release, we have had reports that in some rare cases Audacity 2.0.4 has issues starting up on Windows, or cannot import files on OS X. We're working on these problems. To report or get help with these issues, please email us.