July 17, 2009: Audacity 1.3.8 released
The Audacity Team is pleased to announce the release of Audacity 1.3.8 (Beta) for Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix. It contains a number of significant improvements, plus some bug fixes. Highlights include:
- VST Effects now display in GUI mode by default
- Updated Nyquist implementation
- Improvements to Equalization, Noise Removal, Truncate Silence, Click Track and effects chains
- Improved Plot Spectrum analysis and new preferences for Spectrograms
- Record more than 16 channels (hardware/drivers permitting)
- New "Mixer Board" view with per-track VU meters
- AMR NB import and export support on all platforms via the optional FFmpeg library
- 32-bit float data over 0 dB handled without clipping
- Draft Manual/Quick Help included in Windows and Mac installers
- Faster waveform drawing and better response in multi-track projects
- Various bug fixes, stability and accessibility improvements
See New in Audacity 1.3.8 for more on the latest features and fixes.
Note: This release does not support Windows 98 or ME, for which 1.3.7 is still available.