March 17, 2008: Audacity and Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2008
We are very happy to announce that Audacity has been accepted as a mentoring organization for the Google Summer of Code 2008! GSoC 'offers student developers stipends to write code for various open source projects'.
We are now seeking student participants. As we wrote in our application: At student selection stage, we look for evidence that the student has a real interest in our project, 'Do they actually use it?' rather than just choosing some project that is part of GSoC.
If you are an interested student, please follow these steps:
- Review the GSoC FAQ, especially from 'How does a student apply?'.
- Make sure you are eligible.
- On the Audacity Wiki, check the project ideas page.
- If you find an interesting idea, or have one of your own, then check our GSoC FAQ.
- Then be in touch with us -- far better to discuss plans with us before applying.
If you know any students who might be interested, possibly those already involved in music/audio research, please point them to our website for this information.