For more information on these features, see the help pages.
Audacity can record live audio through a microphone or mixer, or digitize recordings from other media. With some sound cards, and on any recent version of Windows, Audacity can also capture streaming audio.
- Device Toolbar manages multiple recording and playback devices.
- Level meters can monitor volume levels before, during and after recording. Clipping can be displayed in the waveform or in a label track.
- Record from microphone, line input, USB/Firewire devices and others.
- Record computer playback on Windows Vista and later by choosing "Windows WASAPI" host in Device Toolbar then a "loopback" input.
- Timer Record and Sound Activated Recording features.
- Dub over existing tracks to create multi-track recordings.
- Record at very low latencies on supported devices on Linux by using Audacity with JACK.
- Record at sample rates up to 192,000 Hz (subject to appropriate hardware and host selection). Up to 384,000 Hz is supported for appropriate high-resolution devices on Windows (using WASAPI), Mac OS X, and Linux.
- Record at 24-bit depth on Windows (using Windows WASAPI host), Mac OS X or Linux (using ALSA or JACK host).
- Record multiple channels at once (subject to appropriate hardware).
- Snemajte in urejajte 16-bitne, 24-bitne in 32-bitne (plavajoča vejica) vzorce (slednji ohranijo vzorce v preseženem polnem merilu).
- Mere vzorčenja in formati se pretvarjajo z uporabo visokokvalitetnega ponovnega vzorčenja in stresanja.
- Mešajte sledi z različnimi merami vzorčenja ali zapisi in Audacity jih pretvori samodejno v realnem času.
- Easy editing with Cut, Copy, Paste and Delete.
- Find the spot to edit easily with scrubbing and seeking or Timeline Quick-Play.
- Unlimited sequential Undo (and Redo) in the session to go back any number of steps.
- Edit and mix large numbers of tracks.
- Multiple clips are allowed per track.
- Label tracks with selectable Sync-Lock Tracks feature for keeping tracks and labels synchronized.
- Draw Tool to alter individual sample points.
- Envelope Tool to fade the volume up or down smoothly.
- Automatic Crash Recovery in the event of abnormal program termination.
- Real-time preview of LADSPA, LV2, VST and Audio Unit (OS X) effects.
- Plug-in Manager handles plug-in installation and addition/removal of effects and generators from the menus.
- Change the pitch without altering the tempo (or vice-versa).
- Remove static, hiss, hum or other constant background noises.
- Alter frequencies with Equalization, Bass and Treble, High/Low Pass and Notch Filter effects.
- Filter a frequency selection made in Spectral Selection views or Spectral Selection Toolbar using spectral edit effects.
- Adjust volume with Compressor, Amplify, Normalize, Fade In/Fade Out, Crossfade Clips, Crossfade Tracks and Adjustable Fade effects.
- Reduce or Isolate Vocals given suitable stereo tracks (vocal reduction produces a stereo result).
- Create voice-overs for podcasts or DJ sets using Auto Duck effect.
- Other built-in effects include:
- Paulstretch (extreme stretch)
- Truncate Silence
- Run "Chains" of effects on a project or multiple files in Batch Processing mode.
- Support for LADSPA, LV2, Nyquist, VST and Audio Unit effect plug-ins.
- Effects written in the Nyquist programming language can be easily modified in a text editor - or you can even write your own plug-in.
- Experimental modules that extend the functionality of Audacity.
- Spectrogram view modes for visualizing and selecting frequencies.
- "Plot Spectrum" window for detailed frequency analysis.
- "Sample Data Export" for exporting a file containing amplitude values for each sample in the selection.
- Contrast Analysis for analyzing average RMS volume differences between foreground speech and background music.
- Support for adding VAMP analysis plug-ins.
Brezplačen in večplatformski
- Licenciran pod splošnim javnim dovoljenjem GNU (GPL).
- Teče v okoljih Mac OS X, Windows in GNU/Linux.