Sobre o Audacity
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. The interface is translated into many languages. You can use Audacity to:
- Record live audio.
- Record computer playback on any Windows Vista or later machine.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files.
- AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC), WMA and other formats supported using the optional FFmpeg library .
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Numerous effects including change speed or pitch and vocal reduction or isolation (given suitable stereo tracks).
- And more! See the complete list of features.
About Free Software
Audacity is free software, developed by a group of volunteers and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
Free software is not just free of cost (like "free beer"). It is free as in freedom (like "free speech"). Free software gives you the freedom to use a program, study how it works, improve it and share it with others. For more information, visit the Free Software Foundation.
Programs like Audacity are also called open source software, because their source code is available for anyone to study or use. There are thousands of other free and open source programs, including the Firefox web browser, the LibreOffice or Apache OpenOffice office suites and entire Linux-based operating systems such as Ubuntu.
Open HUB (formerly known as "Ohloh") has statistics on the value of Audacity development. The Open HUB "badge" at the bottom of each page on this site shows updated summary values. The statistics are set up by us to show only the values of Audacity-specific development, excluding the third-party code libraries Audacity uses.
Incluindo, revendendo ou distribuindo o Auacity
Se você está interessado em distribuir o Audacity, veja a página Licença e conselhos para vendedores e distribuidores.
Sponsoring Audacity Development
We are keen to hear from any companies or groups interested in sponsoring Audacity development.